TOP-10 major HPPs of Russia
From technological point of view, hydropower industry is a production of energy with the use of hydro turbines installed on water streams.
According to 2009 rating, energy consumption in Russia was on the level of 167 MW/person (5th place in the world).
Potentially, hydropower energy of Russia is comparable to existing level of energy production of existing power plants due to its hydro recourses, but only 10-15 % of the resources are used.
In present-day Russia there are more than 10 hydropower plants with the capacity of more than 1000 MW.
1. Volzhskaya HPP (2592.5 MW), energy power provision for Central and South parts of Russia.
2. Saratovskaya HPP (1360 MW), energy power provision for Central part of Russia and Volga region.
3. Cheboksarskaya HPP (1370 MW), main power consumers are Nizhniy Novgorod region, Mari El Republic and Chuvashia.
4. Zhigulevskaya HPP (2330.5 MW), energy power provision for central part of Russia, Urals and mid-Volga region.
5. Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP (6400 MW) – the largest HPP of Russia, energy power provision for Siberia.
6. Krasnoyarskaya HPP (6000 MW), energy power provision for Krasnoyarsk aluminium plant.
7. Bratskaya Hpp (4500MW), the main consumer of energy is Bratskiy aluminium plant.
8. Ust-Ilimskaya HPP (3840MW), the main consumer of energy is Bratskiy aluminium plant, Irkutskiy aluminium plant, Irkutskiy aircraft construction plant.
9. Zeiskaya HPP (1330 MW), energy power provision for the Far East of Russia.
10. Bureiskaya HPP (2010 MW), energy power provision for the Far East of Russia.
These projects will be discussed in details at the congress «Hydropower. The Caspian and Central Asia». Request full programme of the event.